Subject: NSF Proposals EAR-0548436/0548335

From: "Lambert, David D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:08:57 -0500

Dear Barbara and Tom,

The EAR/IF Program has reviewed your proposal entitled:  "Development of New
Electronics, Repair and Testing Procedures for Very Broadband STS-1
Seismometers" (mail reviews attached).  As you will discover, the community
is very supportive of your development efforts though they have made some
engineering suggestions that I believe you should consider.  

EAR would like to see this effort move forward, but feel strongly that this
project should be done in collaboration or coordination with IRIS as the GSN
has responsibilities in this area and will benefit greatly if your project
is successful.  Therefore, we request that you withdraw the current
proposals and submit them to IRIS for funding this FY.  I have discussed
this option with IRIS and they are very receptive to the possibility of
receiving a proposal from you.  

Please give me a call when you get a chance to discuss this further.
Barbara, I understand you are out of the country so this may be hard to do,
but I am happy to talk to Tom as well.  Thanks.

David
************************************************************
David D. Lambert, Ph.D.
Director, Instrumentation & Facilities Program
Division of Earth Sciences
Directorate for Geosciences
U. S. National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 785
Arlington, VA  22230, USA
Voice:  (703) 292-8558
Fax:  (703) 292-9025
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:  http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=6186&org=EAR
************************************************************
 <<Romanowicz.REV.rtf>>